1. Is a driver’s license required?
A drivers license is not required to race. However, we reserve the right to check for valid photo ID’s or drivers licenses to verify age.
2. What is the minimum age and height to drive on the track Monday – Thursday?
Drivers must be at least 6 years of age and 45” tall. Kart speed is reduced according to age and skill.
3. What is the minimum age and height to drive on the track Friday – Sunday?
Drivers must be at least 6 years of age and 58” tall. Kart speed is reduced according to age and skill.
4. Does the parent / legal guardian need to submit a drivers license or valid photo ID when signing a waiver on behalf of their minor?
There is an online waiver for minors to sign (children younger than 18 years of age) and a separate online waiver for one of their parents / legal guardians to sign on behalf of their minor(s). A drivers license is not required. However, we reserve the right to check for valid photo ID’s or drivers licenses to verify age.
5. At what age does a minor need to be accompanied by an adult at R1?
A minor’s parent/legal guardian has to sign the minor’s waiver online or in person at R1. A minor younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult who remains at the facility. Minors 16 or older with a signed waiver by their parent/legal guardian do not need to be accompanied by an adult.
6. Are adults allowed to drive with children?
It depends on the age and height of the children. When the track isn’t busy a family with adults and children can ride together on the same track (not in the same kart) with R1 approval at speed 2.
8. What is the maximum speed of the karts?
Maximum speed for an “Adult” Kart is 40 MPH and maximum speed for a “Mini” Kart is 25 MPH. Speeds are adjusted according to age and / or skill level.
9. How long is the track?
Our Mega track is over a 1/3 mile long.
10. How many laps are included?
Each race lasts 7 minutes, which is around 8 laps. If you purchase a corporate or group event, the Final race ends when the winner drives 7 laps.
11. Are gift cards available?
Yes. Gift vouchers and R1 memberships can be purchased online at https://r1indoorkarting.com/shop
13. Are shoes included?
Bowling shoes are free to rent. On the track, karters need to bring their own fully closed shoes. No high heels when Karting, please.
14. Are helmets included?
Helmets are included or you can wear your own DOT approved helmet as long as it has a facemask.
17. Is a deposit required to book an event?
We require deposits for events booked for $2000 or more. Please review our cancellation policy online at https://r1indoorkarting.com/cancellation-policy
18. Is a deposit refundable?
Deposits are non-refundable. Please review our cancellation policy online at https://r1indoorkarting.com/cancellation-policy
19. Why is membership pricing different without the APP?
There is a $3 membership discount when you purchase the R1 membership APP online because of the extra features offered through the APP. We encourage everyone to download the APP so we can provide users with a better experience, unobtainable without the APP.