Types of Information Collected, How and Why It’s Collected
R1 Indoor karting collects user information in several different ways and in several different areas of our website. In order to Kart, registration is required, a driver’s license is required in certain circumstances and a waiver or waivers need to be signed. There’s transaction information that needs to be provided if you wish to book an event, purchase a product, request information from us, join a league, respond to a customer survey, etc. Our Karters and users of this site or related social media sites may submit personal information such as:
- Registration information you provide in order to Kart including your first and last name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our site, social media sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information (ie: credit card number, expiration date, billing address, billing phone number). This information is used for billing purposes to verify customer ability to use the credit card and to fill the customer’s orders. We use a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose. We will not release any account information to anyone outside of the necessary core groups that help our business function unless our customers give us the authority to do so. If we ever encounter difficulty when processing an order, this contact information is used to contact the user. This information is collected from a secure web page and encrypted for our customer’s protection. It is not sold to anyone else. We may disclose this information to your credit card issuing bank if a fraudulent order is being investigated or disputed by you.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, or on our social media sites.
- Information sent either one to one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
This website uses any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe to any email newsletter or email update program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. If a user wishes to subscribe to our email newsletter or email update program, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. If at anytime you wish to unsubscribe, please click on “unsubscribe”